- Mrs De Winter by Susan Hill - sequel to Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys - prequel to Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- An Unequal Marriage by Emma Tennant - sequel to Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley - sequel to Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- March by Geraldine Brooks - parallel novel to Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
There's obviously a market out there for these types of novels, but how do we all really feel about them? Have you read any of these types of books and did you enjoy them? Do they take away from the original book? Are they even necessary? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.