Monday 24 January 2011

A Very Booky Xmas - Part 4 - Springy Book Light

I've been a little remiss in getting to the fourth part of my Very Booky Xmas series probably because it was the only booky gift I received that I was a bit disappointed in. At first glance this portable book light seems a great gift that's perfect for an avid reader like me. And it should be!! But there's one functional thing about this gift that lets it down completely.

On the positive side I was really impressed by it's springyness because it means you can shove it in a suitcase or a handbag with little regard for it's well being. It's also got a little clip so you can fix it to the book. I didn't find it hard at all to imagine many nights camping huddled in my tent with a book, or using it on a long flight without disturbing the person next to you. But all the springy stem and clever clip ideas aside a book light can only be useful if the light itself is good. Well .... that's where this one fails. The circumference of light that is projected is poor and only lights up a small portion of the page. Plus it's one of those crap LED lights that tend to softly glow rather than brightly illuminate. I'm sure there's better examples of a portable book light out there, but this one quite frankly is crap!! Recommendations anyone????


Stay tuned for the fifth and final instalment - Part 5 - Booky T-Shirts!! I've saved the best for last, but beware ... you will see some very amateur modelling.

2 comments:

  1. no recommendations sorry just really looking forward to Part 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts marcomacchiavelli

    ReplyDelete

Waiting for your thoughts...