Friday 16 October 2009

Trixe Belden vs Nancy Drew: Who Was Your Favourite - VOTE NOW!!

On Wednesday a kind lady donated 7 boxes of books to my secondhand bookshop. Often when this happens there is a lot of crap and not much worth selling, but I was very excited to find almost a complete collection of hard and soft covered Nancy Drew books, plus a few Trixie Belden titles as well. Whilst these books aren’t worth a fortune they are still collected the world over, and for a brief moment I was transported back to my childhood when I was completely obsessed with the Trixie Belden mysteries. I read Nancy Drew also, but for some reason which escapes me at the moment, Trixie was my favourite. I told one of my friends about my find last night and was surprised to find that she was a hard core Nancy Drew fan and thought Trixie was pretty lame. This whole situation prompted the question – growing up were you either a Trixie lover or Nancy lover, or could you actually be both? I thought I’d put this history making question out there today and see what the masses thought. So cast your very important vote now on our blog sidebar!!

And, of course, if you want to take a walk down memory lane or complete your collection, you can find all the Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden titles we currently have in stock on our website.

3 comments:

Waiting for your thoughts...